I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Dani and Rebi who stand behind this amazing page We Are Wanderers. Thanks a lot girls, I can’t wait to meet you in summer this year 🙂
So without further ado, here are my answers to their questions:
1. What do your friends and family thing of your lifestyle?
Basically, there are two kinds of people around me – those who support me no matter what and those who support me but still try to convince me to back off and keep living my boring life. But everyone knows that I always do whatever I want and I hardly ever listen to any advice (and then get burnt anyway haha). I’ve always been a big troublemaker and I am very clumsy so you never know what I’m gonna do next but don’t wooooorry guys, I’ll be just fine 🙂
2. What has been your favourite destination so far?
EGYPT!!! My best friend is Egyptian, I stayed with him and his family in a very rural area so I had a great chance to live a proper Egyptian life for a while and it was just epic!!!
3. Do you prefer planning your trips, or to leave it to the unexpected?
I used to try to always make a plan but after some time I realised that things hardly ever work out the way I want them to and I don’t like to get disappointed so now I live my life very spontaneously even though I always have a small back-up plan 🙂
4. What was your first dream destination and why?
I grew up in the Czech republic and ever since I was a little kid, I knew I wanted to move out of there. So I’d say England as it was the first big move in my life. I’ve spent almost 5 years in the UK now and I never regret making that decision 🙂
5. Do you ever plan on stopping your travels?
You know, life is full of surprises. I’d say no and I’m sure shit’ll happen and I’ll be forced to stop. The only thing I can say is that I love travelling and I will do it for as long as I can as long as it still makes me happy 🙂
6. In regards to the above question. Where would you like to settle afterwards if you do plan on stopping one day?
In regards to the above answer, I really don’t know 🙂 But I can imagine myself living a simple life somewhere in the middle of nowhere surrounded by mountains.
7. Name five items on your bucket list.
If this is only about destinations then it’ll be Argentina, Canada, Madagascar, Nepal and Finland.
If you ask me what I wanna do before I die then my answers are: travel all of the countries listed above, have at least two kids, cook with Gordon Ramsay, go skydiving and be able to do a handstand 🙂
8. Do you prefer travelling solo or with a partner/friend?
SOLO! As much as I love meeting new people and spending a few days/weeks with them, I never want to lose that freedom solo travelling gives you 🙂
9. What’s the weirdest place you’ve ever slept at?
I always find it very weird when I wake up completely hungover in my male’s friends’ beds haha 🙂 But apart from that, I don’t think there are any weird places I’ve slept at. I guess sleeping in a 5-billion-star hotel is pretty natural for a backpacker (unless you make your “bed” in a massive puddle which I don’t enjoy that much haha)
10. Show us your favourite picture from your travels!
11. How long have you been travelling?
I started travelling properly about a year ago 🙂
MY NOMINEES ARE
- The travels of BBQboy and Spanky
- Pavel Klega – Adventurer
- The Broke Backpacker
- Worldwide Hitchhiker
- The Walking Backpack
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
- Who’s the craziest person you’ve ever met and why?
- Have you ever felt in danger?
- How do you earn money while you travel?
- Why did you decide to travel?
- What place do you call home?
- What are the 5 most important things you always carry in your backpack?
- Mountains or beach?
- Favourite cuisine?
- What’s your most unforgettable moment?
- What do you wish you’d known before you started to travel?
- What’s your favourite picture from your travels?